Some groups or organizations host monthly or bi-monthly or “aprox. every three weeks” meetings. If you find you have a favorite, it’s a good idea to subscribe to their posts as I will likely miss one or two. In addition, if you see one that would be beneficial to the job- and project-seekers from the Austin Digital Jobs Facebook group, please send me a message with the info outlined below for inclusion. Thanks!
- AUSOME – Austin Online Marketing for Entrepreneurs – Our monthly meetings (first Weds.) feature top notch speakers, excellent networking and a laid back group ready to help each other out. We cover topics like Adwords, Affiliate Programs, Email Marketing, SEO, Conversion Optimization, Mobile Optimization and much much more.
- Ask The Recruiter Forum – Ask The Recruiter forums occur the first Monday of every month with a different recruiting guest. This is an open Q&A forum for job seekers and career changers, maximum 10 people to keep the exchange intimate. ($)
- Network After Work – Networking Events for Professionals events are created for professionals who want to expand their network and create new business opportunities. Events draw a diverse mix of professionals from all industries and career levels and provide a relaxed atmosphere for professionals to market themselves and or/their company with some of each city’s top business professionals. Upon entering, guests receive a color-coded name tag by industry that will allow for easy navigation. Complimentary cocktails and appetizers are provided for the first hour. ($)
- genetically unemployable is a group of individuals that have at least one thing in common … having a J-O-B is not an option. our moto is: dream it. build it. live it. as a community, we can mentor each other and ask those really tough questions to get new answers. every three weeks on a tuesday night at the brass house around 6pm.
- Austin Design and Visual Arts Network (ADVAnet) is a group for designers and visual artists of all types, including professionals, job seekers, students, and those curious about getting into the field. We usually meet once a week, with two meetings a month during the day, and two or three meetings in the evening.
- Refresh Austin is an organization of Web professionals working together to foster new ideas and refresh the creative, technical and professional aspects of their trade. The Web Design Meetup is set up to funnel new Austin web professionals into Refresh Austin.
- Austin TechBreakfast is a “show and tell” format event where up to five different technologists will demo their technologies from a wide range of industries ranging from software to hardware, IT to Biotech, robotics to space tech. The event is “triple agnostic”. We don’t care if the technology is from a start up, a large company, a university, a government agency, or someone’s hobby. We are also agnostic as to the industry of the tech – it could be IT, biotech, robotics, aerospace, materials sciences, anything tech and innovative is cool.